“Somebody’s got to care. Somebody’s got to make a difference out there. And I see shared reading as making that difference.” – Susan Taktak, Break Thru People Solutions
Our training changes things. Establishing shared reading within your organisation can change the game.
“We are happy when we have family, we are happy when we have friends and almost all the other things that we think make us happy are actually just ways of getting more family and friends” – Daniel Gilbert, Happiness expert – Harvard University
Developing connections that are key to wellbeing
People crave deep connection. But in today’s world, it is difficult to achieve. Opening yourself up to others can be painful, especially if you feel like you are going to be judged for who you are. Many people don’t have the confidence, time and space or capacity to meaningfully connect with others.
This is where our training thrives.
By teaching you how to establish shared reading groups in your organisation, we will help you:
- Slow people down to a pace which makes communication safer and easier
- Open up inclusive, non-judgemental spaces
- Use pieces of writing to stimulate conversations that make people come alive
- Work with diverse stories and life experiences to create common ground
- validate what people bring to the shared reading space, and where they are in life
- Use reading to engage people of all abilities and levels of capacity
- Use group-work in strengths-focused, person centred ways
Whether you work in aged care, youth, mental health, disability support, workplace wellbeing or general community settings, shared reading training can give you tools to connect, delight and inspire your people.
BESPOKE TRAINING PROJECTS
If you are looking for something that will excite your community or client group, we would be happy to hear from you. You will find our model versatile enough to suit a variety of sectors, needs and outcome requirements.
We can help you to identify training needs and develop personalised training programs for your staff or volunteers. We are invested in building partnerships and can offer free monitoring advice and guidance when setting up a project.